Sundays...

It's one of those days. I'm sick, the kids smell poopy, the dog is acting totally hyper and is now outside in the cold on the line, and I feel yucky. I took dayquil at 3 in the morning and it's starting to wear off. We were going to go to the tree farm and get our tree, ride the sleigh across the wintry landscape (horse pulled!) and pick the perfect tree. I don't feel guilty about getting a cut tree anymore as I have also got a potted mini-tree and this will be planting in our yard come the spring! We're also going to go big on Arbor Day and plant up to 5 trees (blue spruce, oak, walnut, and a couple of fruit trees). I'm very excited about this. In fact, if it was to me, I'd prefer to get trees for my Christmas presents. They are so wonderful. I'm always saddened to see trees cut down. Some people close to my family cut down their trees. Why? Because there were just too many leaves. WHAT THE HELL?!? What are trees without leaves? Did they put new replacement trees like evergreens? No. They are terrible. Absolutely. The sad thing is they have 2 kids around my kids age but they are bible thumping scared people who only associate with those in their church and close, close family. Plus, their windows are all covered up and they never open them. Odd people.

Don't get me wrong. I think religious people are fine and dandy when they are truly spirtual, hold true to the idea that you pray privately, don't hurt people and do good work. That's really what I apply to most people...I try to do that to my self too. It's when people try to inforce their views on others that I hold issue. For example, some people find it wrong to smoke. I don't smoke. But I wouldn't hold up signs of people with cancereous lungs and go up to an adult and say "This is you in 5 years!" I think it's their choice. Am I happy with it? No. But they are free to make the choice about their bodies. Just like tattoing, drinking, wearing makeup, dying your hair, eating cheese burgers or veggie burgers, picking your nose in public, wearing or not wearing underwear, etc. We are all different and have the right to be different.

That's it for now. peace.

Comments

Popular Posts