Sundays

I think I like Sundays best of all. We're not church going people (yet) so we have the whole day to do what we like. I went for a walk with Mr. Nelson and we said hi to various neighbors. It was a nice time.

Art wise, I finally got to go into my studio and do some work. Of course, I find out I've run out of paper and I was just at the store. I don't like shopping during December. It's an awful maddness out there. That's one of the reasons I like making my gifts. I don't have to get stressed by buying stuff I either don't really like or people don't really need, and stuff I can't really afford. If I could I would make everyones gift and that would be it. But I can't do everything (like sew up sweat pants or something of that nature) so I have to get a few things.

I'm so happy about a couple of small aspects in my life. I know this is weird but I'm happy I got my hubbies and father-in-laws present for 75% off! I couldn't believe it. This was a big surprise. I'm not telling what I got them until later. hehehe It's something fun and something they remembered from their youths.

The other happy feeing is that we resolved a big problem. We almost lost our dog, Mr. Nelson, when he sneaked out of the slightly ajar porch door. It was intense. He started running in these circles and the circles got bigger and bigger. Then he was almost on the street and I was screaming "he's going to get hit! He's going to get hit by a car!" Finally, Jon grabbed him and brought him in. Thank the stars. I was really freaking about this and angry that Jon left the door open. Well, Jon trotted over to the hardware store and got a door spring. Tada! no accidently leaving open the door! I'm happy now.

I'm also happy that I've got the paintings under control and I was in my studio (even if it is a mess...and boy is it). I love my studio but I rarely get to work in it because I'm painting the walls and I can't have toddlers in there and a puppy. Maybe I should just paint it really fast and be done with it.

I wish I wasn't so messy. Maybe that will be my New Year's resolution. Not to be so messy and have so much stuff. I could do with a little cleaning out. Nothing dramatic, just give away some stuff and clear up some space. A good place to give away things is www.freecycle.com

My goal is to have one corner of my studio be my little alter type place. I'm not religious and it wouldn't be to any god or anthing like that. Just a place to focus...meditate. I'd probably just have some flowers and a candle or two.

Jon and I also semi-fixed our fireplace. Smoke kept pouring out of the mouth of the fireplace (and we did open the flue). So we made a covering to reduce the size of the mouth and it works about 85%. I have to put the logs at the far end of the fireplace or the smoke will come out. The covering is made of aluminum and I did a simple two doves and a heart pattern on it. It looks pretty cute and is practical.

I realize now, I should get my hair done more often then every 1.5 years or more. I feel like I have a mass of hair...that would be nice looking if the ends weren't a brunt look. I just hate going to the salon. I wish I could do it my self, but I can't (I've tried...it's not a good thing). I don't really have a style and I'm nervous about doing something too far out.Maybe I will anyway. It's just hair and it will grow back and I've dyed it purple once. What was my point? Oh, yes. When walking a dog and your hair is in a messy bun, people seem to stare at you more...at least that's what I felt like. I should have worn my puffy fleece hat. I look like a giant mushroom, but oh well. That's the nice thing about winter. Hiding in warm comfy clothes. I love that. People that want to show off their bodies Good for you! But for me, I want to hide in layers and if I could I'd walk around in a blanket all day. Okay. That sounds weird. I'd like to do that on the coldest days, actually. Not on hot humid days.

It's sad that people have to live up to these perfect standards of beauty. Even beautiful people have to keep it up and worry about their beauty fadding. But it always does. That's the process of being human. And, that is why it's so important to develop ones mind and humor. I've watched these extreme makeovers shows and some people do need help (that are born with physical deformaties). But others don't need anything. They are fine looking people. They worry about a little weight, a hooked nose, a big chin (I have that) and all these other things that are really not bad at all. What these people need to do is stop focusing on themselves and volunteer every weekend at a homeless shelter, make friends in a different group than you would be in, and don't watch TV for a couple of months (or never). I have stuff that's not accepted socially on me, but for goodness sakes, that's not what I am about. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I think some people get lost in their own little obsessions and need to change something like their attitude. If it's something medically needed then we should opt for doctors intervention. But just to make your self into a "new" person? That sounds very twilight zone-ish (we all need to be the same, look the same, etc)to me.

Comments

Popular Posts