Sad day on Monday...

I felt like I should never have gotten out of bed on Monday. First, I was sick and second my voice was not much more than a croak. However, I was determined to be a good substitute and go to work if they gave me a ring. And the school system did. I subbed, then at 3:30pm I was told I was not substitute material. I have no real reason why I was fired. The things this person told me where things I could totally improve on. The person said I was not teacher material and that I should go back to school. This person watched me like a hawk, literally, and then attacked when they could (discrediting my work with the students, and making them feel unsure about what I was teaching). I felt like I was in some crazy world. I have never seen such unprofessionalism.

I was called into the office and this person said every possible thing I did wrong. This is not constructive critism. This is critism with the intent of firing a person and not giving them a chance to even defend them selves. I did defend my self as best I could but I was in shock. This was my second time subbing. Do I feel sad? Yes. Do I feel this is wrong? Oh, yes.

I plan on going back to school (I just thought I'd start it in the Fall of 2005). Now, I have to look into going sooner. The job description didn't even say that I had to have my credentials. Ridiculous. In CA, I took the CBEST and passed it. Here they don't have anything like that. Plus, they only pay $70 a day. From what I hear this is low. I'm going to try my hardest and learn from this experience. This person even wrote I wasn't dressed properly. I wore knitted pants and they described them as sweats! Now I know why this school has a bad rep.

In other news, it's snowing, snowing, snowing. At first I was really bummed because of all the stuff that happened on Monday (and I still am). But I'm feeling better now that I've had a few of these delicious Italian cookies. I mean they are good and they were on sale(!) for $2.50 at Weis. Yummy!

I think I have a crazy dog. He gets so hyper and then so tuckered out he's like a big stinky fur pillow. I love the crazy little nut. Also, he reminds me a bit of my dad...the fluffy white hair with a slight wave and curl. Very cute. I have to keep training this little guy because he will take advantage! Oh, yes.

Sad, sad news


"This undated photo released by the Australian Antarctic Division, two Adele penguin chicks are seen standing between their mother's legs in the Antarctic's Cape Royds. Tens of thousands of Antarctic penguin chicks face death by starvation in the next few weeks as a huge iceberg blocks access to ocean feeding grounds where 3,000 breeding pairs of Adele penguins on Antarctic's Cape Royds face a 180-kilometer (112-mile) round trip to bring food to their chicks. (AP Photo/Australian Antarctic Division, HO)"--AP Yahoo News

This makes me sad that we aren't taking better care of our world. I'm sure it's partly from Global Warming this is happening. I know there is nothing I can do. I think I will do a painting of these little guys.

I may even write a poem about this. This might make me feel better.

I hate to close on such a sad note. Besides all that is happening to me, I know it will pass and that I will learn from these experiences. I believe it was Eleanor Roosevelt who said "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." So very true. I shall not wallow in self pity. I will rise up and brush the slushy snow from my shoes and be better for it.

Did I mention I have a best friend and lover in my husband? I am so very blessed...he makes me see the buds of future leaves on what appears to be barren branches. I hope I can be a little like him.





Comments

Popular Posts