Monday midnight snow

It finally snowed...a few days late but it's snowing. It's funny how people think about snow and time and what is terrible and what isn't. I don't think being 2 hours late because of snow is so horrible. I don't. Now, having an 8.9 earthquake Tsunami...now that is horrible. I'm thinking of my sister-in-laws time home to Boston. They said they were driving 30 mph in heavy snow. That is scary but not horrible scary. I'm glad they are safe and sound. Still, it's not what Thailand and other Asian countries experienced. Terrible stuff.

In other news, we had a fairly good Christmas. I became spoiled with the desire for more loot. It's not like I wanted to be like that...I just thought I'd get something from my husband...esp. from him. Something handmade and thoughtful. But he claimed my winter coat as his gift to me...I ordered it. I felt a tad cheated...and then throughly selfish. I made him get me a camera battery (it didn't work otherwise). I feel kind of small for complaining...because I did. I always do that to my self...get my expectations up and start imagining that I'm going to get some "big" gift or surprise. I think it started when I was about 5 years old. I remember that I saw this alphafa bundle in the garage. The only thing I could conclude was that my dad was getting me a horse. Oh, I started to get so excited...I picked out a name (Strawberry) and couldn't wait to see it. I imagined it was white and it was going to live in the garage. Then I found out the bundle of alphalfa was for my dad's pigeons. Boy was I dissappointed. I remember crying and feeling like I was betrayed and all because of my dreams of a white horse named Strawberry. I think my parents felt sorry for me and that is how I started getting rabbits and guinea pigs later on.

Expectations. I've had a few dashed to pieces and others swept aside and still more that came true in the most wonderful way (such as the births of my daughters...there I expected to die or be horribly maimed in some way). So, I guess it balances...these expectations of good and bad.

All in all, it was a good Christmas and I feel blessed and spoiled. Now, to spread this to people who need more than I.


So, I'm writing this little bit to remember to share.


Please remember our troops and donate to:
  • Red Cross


  • Doctors without Borders


  • Unites troops to loved ones


  • Any soldier...give essentials to our armed forces

    Peace, Hope and Love to all!
    Em

  • Comments

    Popular Posts