Illustration Friday and a Month of Softies!

I've been excited about this...keeps me balanced with all that is happening recently in the world and my own little bubble. So, here is my contribution for "Magic".


Titled, Firefly Magic


And while I'm at it here is my creation for A Month of Softies:



Clothes pin People!

I got this idea from the hang up part...plus, I remember really loving clothes pin people as a child.


Clothes Pin Man


br>
Clothes Pin Woman(looks like a 1920's Flapper)




Clothes Pin Boy




Clothes Pin Senior Ballerina (my favorite)




Isn't she cute?


I made the last Clothes Pin person and she was based on my niece's ballerina teacher. She was an older woman (probably late 60's) and looked so happy teaching the children (they were around 5 and 6). I remember she had fluffy hair and wore a darling pink leotard with a rose skirt. I've always loved how beautiful some older people look. If I should make it to that age someday, I hope I'll have the abilities, strength and beauty of our seniors.

I remember when I was a little girl I had a piano teacher who was the epitome of grace, beauty and kindness. Certainly, she was human and had faults...but not when she was teaching us the piano. Kind, patient and understanding...she brought the lessons out in an interesting and exciting way. Even when I wouldn't practice (and she could tell) she was patient and we went over the previous lessons together.

Her name was Luba (I'm pretty sure I'm spelling this wrong). In Bulgarian, it means love. And she had such lovely hands. The skin was thin and had a shine to them. She had arthritis but they were deft and well practiced at the piano. She wore beautiful coats with big pearl buttons with gold trim and her hair was white and cloud-like. I loved her very much and it was a sad day when we gave up our piano lessons.

Comments

Kim's Suitcase said…
oh yes nice illustration, i really adore the little clothes peg dolls, i had made some in the past ahh, yours are really so beautiful, and i loved hearing all the background bio, especially about older people, it takes a lot of guts to age well in this modern world of ours and i too am inspired by those that seem to have a good grace in their step as old people.
Emily said…
Thanks, Kim! It's amazing to think that someday, if we're lucky, we'll be older folk too. Imagine all the great art and crafts we'll have accomplished...pretty exciting!
Kim Carney said…
I love the firefly illustration. I don't see them where I live now, but grew up with the magic of them. Also, love those clothespin people, they are GREAT. -- Kim

Popular Posts