Flurries today

Saw flurries today. Boy, it was cold but I had to make it to the market with the girls and our dog, Mr. Nelson. I felt so Laura of Little House-ish. But fortunately, by the time we got the market (5 minutes away) the sun came out and it was a bit warmer (35 degrees!). Mr. Nelson behaved really well...though I notice we are now sporting muddy paw prints on our car seats. Sigh.

I've never had a dog. Just let me make this clear. Never. I've always wanted one and now I am in love with dogs. I've always been good with animals...really good. I've raised a crow, roosters, pigeons, all sorts of birds, hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits (this was in my early years from 6 to about 11...so their care wasn't the best...I've always felt bad about this), and of course my cats. Actually, I've only had cats since 1990. I had to sneak them in. My dad was very anti-cat and dogs. He heard some jibberish about them being deadly (something to do with the fleas) and banned them from the house. Otherwise, I had a variety of pets, just not the typical kind. So, I feel complete in my having my first dog. And let me say, I love him. He's crazy and annoying at times (Bichons do a crazy house run for about 4 minutes and then they're fine the rest of the day) but I can relate. I didn't think this was possible, but I do. I esp. like the fact that he likes to eat anything...another similarity. He's such a good dog...usually. And so like a toddler...already he's torn up 2 books (of all things, Animal farm...similar to our house only in the title). I'm going to attempt putting up his picture here Hope this works. If not, I'll try again.

I wish I could take him into the stores, like I did at the petstore. But you can't do this in the market which is a shame, really. But the car was warm (I'd be reluctant to do it in warm weather...have heard too many stories. However, my husbands uncle will leave his dog in the car with the air conditioner going...he and his wife will check on the dog to make sure he's not over heating. They're really sweet).

As for art work, I've been trying to catch up with all the excitement of a new dog. It was a bit crazy settling in at first...and he still jumps up on the girls especially the little one, Norrie. She has a few scratches on her face and I fear she's going to develop a complex. I'm going to have to swat Mr. Nelson with a newspaper. I don't want to, but I guess I'll have to.

I've got to go and mail paintings out that were won on Ebay. I'm glad I can make people happy with my work. It's a neat feeling being able to do this.

I'm working on so many projects; it's becoming a bit obsurd. But you know, it's better then being idle and watching television. I've gone down to 2 hours or less a week. This is incredible to me. Sometimes I don't watch TV for a month. The only time is for the kids with PBS. And now that the VCR broke we don't get to watch any videos. Our all time favorite is My neighbor Totoro. It is the best movie for little kids. However, after the 12th viewing I was starting to get a little overwhelmed. I usually cry when little Mei gets lost and it just breaks my heart when Seitsuki finds Mei and calls out her name and little Mei cries and then the cat bus jumps down and there is her sister! Oh, good story. I wish I could even attempt to write like this. Certainly, it's not all true to life, but oh, the realism mixed with fantasy is so perfect! Hayao Miyazaki is a wonderful story teller and artist. I would recommend him to anyone and all ages. http://www.totoro.org/faq.shtml Princess Monoke, however is a bit more grown up, not for little ones.

Now that Christmas is on it's way, I'm starting to feel overwhelmed even more. I wish I didn't have to decorate the house and in fact, I think I will go on the simple side this year. Not too much decorating. I wish I could do Ikea type Christmas but even that seems overwhelminghttp://www.ikea-usa.com/

The one thing that is really annoying about living in a small town is the newspaper. I guess it's depressing that the newspaper of Altoona is so small. I wish it was more like the Washington Post. I know this is terrible, but I like the ads (I got an Ikea magazine in the W.P.) and comics. W.P. has such good comics, even better than the LA Times which removed half of the good comics and put in junk stuff. I'm going to make it my Sunday tradition and aim for a W.P. paper. I don't have to have a coffee (for obvious reasons).

Did I mention, I went crazy on coffee last Sunday? I was cleaning a mile a minute, yelling at everyone, jittery and couldn't concentrate. Not a good thing. I shall only take decaf from now on. If I get a regular, it will have to be an emergency. I think I'm naturally a little high strung person, I might not show it but I think about things too much, perhaps. Does this make me odd or special? I think it makes me thoughtful...usually.

Well, my feet are freezing. It's about 33 degress and the furnace is set at 59 or 60. Will I turn it up or dare to wear my slippers around my puppy? I'll try to wear the slippers. Mr. Nelson will attack them even with my feet inside. He bites! Hard! On my ankles, no less! Ouch. This is the thorn of Mr. Nelson's personality. It will pass. Right?


Comments

Popular Posts