Feeling better...

That's about how I feel. I'm feeling better and am starting to look at what I can do and not what I can't. This makes feel more impowered. It helps that family and friends are all on my side, 100%. This is actually a good reminder of how much I do have, not what I have lost.

In other news, it's cold. Supposed to have 6-18 inches(!) of snow. My goodness. I threw a bunch of salt on the walk with a sand mix. Sand is better for our little cannine's paws. Mr. Nelson is doing good though he needs a bath. I gave him a bath with baby wash (all I had) a few weeks ago. I think I need to use doggy soap. Otherwise, he's doing good.

The girls are getting over their colds and Jon has a cold now. The car broke down in the parking lot when Jon went to mail my letters/ebay packages. Of all things, it stopped in the entry way of the parking structure. The steering wheel just wouldn't budge. Thank all that is Good, he was in the parking structure and not some where dangerous. I'm very glad he's all right.

I'm going to do more artwork once all this Holiday stuff is somewhat over. I'm glad we're having holidays but I wish they weren't so stressful. I miss my family in California, even if they are a bit hard to talk to. I just wish I could blink everyone over to my house and we could have hot apple cider and eat and laugh and have a good time. This is impossible with my dad. He could have so much happiness but refuses all that is offered. Sigh...

In other news, we will probably get our tree tomorrow!!! I wish it was a big potted one, but it will most likely be cut. Ah, well. It should be great. I can hardly wait to see that beautiful tree (hopefully medium or small) on the coffee table in the front window. It will be beautiful and the smell! This is really the main reason I love getting real trees. The smell is so wonderful. I had artificle trees all my childhood and always vowed to have real ones someday. When I was in college I bought a little potted tree and carried it home on the bus. It must have been too warm for it died shortly after Christmas. I was always a sad about this. I hope any tree I get now will grow strong and be here for many years.

Things I've found in my dog's hair:
1. spaghettio's on his nose and smeared onto his forehead
2. a green lucky charm stuck to his hiney
3.lo mein
4. rice
5. crumbs from something (cookies?)
6. green beans

Can you tell we have toddlers? Poor happy, chubby dog...

I have tons of projects to do. I finished my bestfriends baby blanket. It is done in free style crocheting. It came out a little too free and looked like a skirt. After I ripped off one section and started panicking that I had ruined it, I salvaged it and it looked Okay. Still, I was sad because it didn't come out exactly like I imagained. I wanted it to look beautiful and perfect and it wasn't. Then my smarter half, Jon, came along and said this could be a lamb, it's so soft. And it kind of looks like a lamb too. Next thing, I'm adding eyes, nose, ears, tail and it looks so good! I'm so happy now. I thought it was awful but now it's saved and heck, I want one too! I hope my dear friend, Caroline, likes it too. I'll post it once I'm finished with the beauty.

I'm starting to wish I had a nanny. I want to do everything but I can't. I'll just do what I can and try to control the inner voice from being too critical.

Things I'm working on:
1. Several mini-quilts
2. 3 paintings
3. Crocheting a few extra goodies
4. My writing
5. My book(s)
6. Illustrations for various magazines I want to publish in
7. Ebay, of course
8.wood cut sculptures

Things I've finished:
1.A quilt
2. Crocheted blanket
3. 3 crocheted purses
4. Magazine illustration (shall post this on my web site www.gottshall.com) Shall be published in February
5. painted dining room floor
6. mailed X-mas cards and got cute santa stamps for them
7. Collecting material for eventually subbing again for various ages and updating my sub lesson plan notebook.

Things I'm wishing for:
1. Time
2. I was finished with most of what I started and could move on to the next project
3. My mom to visit me for the Holidays and however long.
4. My sister to visit me, etc.
5. A long winter coat that was so warm, I'd feel like I was in a sleeping bag.
6. An uncrying baby.

Gotta go!
Peace








Comments

Popular Posts