Bichon Frise

We apparently have a dog now. He's very hyper but I think, it's due to the new surroundings.

Boy, a dog is so different from a cat or in my case 4 cats. He's a sweet dog, however. It's nice that he was free too and came with quite a few items (food, leash, toys).

His original name is Snowflake, we are going to name him another name. Actually, I was calling him Mr. Nelson but for training purposes we are going to stick with Snowflake for now. Why am I going to call him Mr. Nelson? If you remember the Swedish television show called Pipi Longstocking that was run in America as Pipi movies, then you might recall a little monkey. This monkey was named Mr. Nelson. I imagined a dog as small as a cat. But Snowflake is way bigger (though he's not the 25 pounds I estimated...actually he's closer to 16 pounds). I still like the name Mr. Nelson but he might be confused by this.

There were a few adventures with the cats and girls. Nothing serious. The cats did the puffed up tails but where not in too much terror. The girls like him and he didn't knock them over. They got a few scratches because he plays a bit rough...and they smelled like butter after lunch. So, that's not too bad. He needs to be potty trained and were working on that. But after having to clean up the girls after they've had the flu (on Thanksgiving), this isn't so horrible.

I'm debating whether or not to get him fixed. If we train him and he does well with this, I won't and will probably get him registered. This all depends on his learning how to do things. But he is settling well. He's been through most of the house and there is some confusion on his part with what toys are his and which are the girls. It's cute, otherwise. Not when he attacks my pink fluffy slippers...when I'm wearing them, however.

We crated him the first night, but we won't be doing that again. I think the crate is too small and he actually is such a good dog, I think he'll be fine on the sofa, a blankie or in our room. Right now, Jon is chasing him...Snowflake has the baby's bottle. haha

I'll get pics soon.

Comments

Popular Posts