Welcome to Summer!

The kids are liberated for the summer and are making plans to do various activities, writing books, creating and having a blast. I'm exhausted at the thought of it all. :) I'm glad they are active and fun.

This weekend was so nice. We didn't really do anything...just hung out, puttered around the house, enjoyed each others company and slowed down a bit. It's nice because we were so rushed and hurried the last few weeks...school, colds, activities and zipping around. We needed some quiet at home time.
100_2123


We went over to aunts house yesterday and the kids caught fireflies. :) Earlier, they played in the yard and went up to the treehouse. The youngest Gottshall was attacked by some bug and his face was all swollen. Now that I think about it, he had ice cream earlier and probably attracted some bug. :( Poor guy.


100_2121 Under the giant Blue Spruce at aunties. You could put a table and chairs and have a tea party under there!







Today, we over slept after coming home about 11pm last night. I guess summer has officially started. There were tons of happy people loitering around last night...it was warm and peaceful. Everyone seemed to be in a good mood. I even felt like staying up later and did sewing (don't ask me why) and nodded off at about 1am. It was unusually warm yesterday and we had naps earlier because of this. I love that.

We stayed home instead of going to church and cleaned up all the stuff we put off yesterday...dishes, chores, etc. Daddy and Harry got some bonding at the hardware shop and I got some time to clean my art stuff and organize projects. Thank goodness!

I wish June would last for some time. I love how everything feels so good. Oh, I just realized that it's June 10th. Jon and my official anniversary (we had two weddings). :) How funny. :) We celebrated our law abiding wedding on February 15th. It all has to do with compromising for family...so, now I have two special days. I need to find some photos to share...

Comments

Popular Posts