Webs...

We got this Halloween web. The stuff that has plastic little spiders in it that glow in the dark, etc. You put it all over your house, fence, and so on to be decorative for Halloween. Well, the packaging should also say warning this will catch birds and kill them. That's what I found on the fence this morning. Or rather my little girl found the bird. Apparently, it had struggled and broken it's leg and died in pain. I nearly threw up. So, I ripped all the crap off my fence (there may be little bits left and I'll get them off soon too) and had to cut the bird free from the wire. This was not easy and was gruesome to say the least. I still feel sick to my stomach. I buried the little fellow and will never put that stuff up outside again. Horrible! We'll do garlands or lights or something very biodegradable like straw. I still feel terrible. I honestly thought birds would like this stuff to add to nests. I've left little bits of wool to see if they'd gather it and they would. I just feel sad to know something as innocent as this webby stuff could hurt an animal. I'm just glad I didn't faint...

Comments

Popular Posts