Phew...

Been working on the house a bit. My goal is to paint my 1st gal's room as there is still water damage on the ceiling. We've decided on pink with one wall being cherry blossom red (as seen in the latest Domino mag). And the trim will be white as well, maybe eggshell white or some such thing. I hate all these names, in a way. I love the cute/pretty names but sometimes it irks me. I sometimes feel like I'm across between Mr. Blandings wife (Mr. Blandings builds his dream house...but we are certainly not building a dream house...just trying to repair one, bit by slow bit) and the contractor guy she is telling to paint the room from the color of a thread in a print (which is blue). The contractor just smiles, takes all she is saying in and says, paint the room blue. Sigh...

When I was taking art classes in college we had a great color professor, Connie Utterback, who showed us colors and how to go from prime colors into mixing colors. I love that class and in fact, if I ever go back to school I will take classes devoted to color. Professor Utterback was relaxed, yet firm about structure in projects. I remember feeling this was the one class that ever seemed both practical and interesting all in one.

Actually, I supplied a link to Utterback's work and found she is a fiber artist. Now, I know why she knew so much about colors...interesting.

I just ran through a search of names of professors from the top of my head...first, I'm surprised as heck that I can remember names like this (usually I'm stumped) but I got some wonderful results for some of my favorite professors and was especially surprised to see their work. I feel so very honored to have had these people as mentors, even if it was for a short time. I have some very good memories and often hear their voices when I'm working on a piece. It was nice to get a glimpse of them through the internet...

Comments

Popular Posts