SPT: Personal history (Spring memories and found photos)



Missed last weeks SPT...but was inspired to try something this week. This is part two of my Personal history/Spring reflections. This is a collaged image of my self in present day and my self and sister at around four and two years old.

I've always liked this photograph of my sister and I. I found it about seven years ago on some old negatives and was fortunate to get it developed. I remember the person who developed the negatives actually wrote, "Really old negatives!" I guess they wanted to let me know they were hard to work with. I'm really glad they tried and I have these photos.

I wanted the collage to have an aged effect and did this through photoshop. I was aiming to give the feel of memories/reflections.

A poem that comes to mind is "A Child of Spring" by Ellen Robena Field.

A Child of Spring

by Ellen Robena Field

I know a little maiden,
She is very fair and sweet,
As she trips among the grasses
That kiss her dainty feet;
Her arms are full of flowers,
The snow-drops, pure and white,
Timid blue-eyed violets,
And daffodillies bright.

She loves dear Mother Nature,
And wanders by her side;
She beckons to the birdlings
That flock from far and wide.
She wakes the baby brooklets,
Soft breezes hear her call;
She tells the little children
The sweetest tales of all.

Her brow is sometimes clouded,
And she sighs with gentle grace,
Till the sunbeams, daring lovers,
Kiss the teardrops from her face.
Well we know this dainty maiden,
For April is her name;
And we welcome her with gladness,
As the springtime comes again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spring is just around the corner...what a lovely thought!

Comments

Carol said…
Are you the younger or older sister?
Nice reflective collage.

Spring is just around the corner...what a lovely thought!
You are the optimist, Emily.
won tong said…
OH EMILY THATS JUST STUNNING GORGEOUS... IT'S DEFINATLY A FAVORITE OF YOUR CREATIONS.. I THINK YOUR THE YOUNGER ONE IF I READ IT RIGHT..YOU ARE SO TALENTED AND GIFTED...THANKS FOR LEAVING THE COMMENT ON MY BLOG ABOUT NATAN.. IT WAS HARD.....AT LEAST THAT HAVE THE LORD TO HELP THEM THROUGH THE WORST.
Andrea said…
Very nicely done! The colors are very rich, shows that this is a good warm memory. Bravo!
Emily said…
Thank you everyone for you feedback! Actually, I'm the older one...I'm very tall and she's very short. But we look similar...dark hair and eye color.
LadyLinoleum said…
This is fabulous! Bravo!

Popular Posts