Christmas dreams

I'm very blessed to have people who care about me. I really am. It's hard to know that someone leaves this world and is never going to return. We are all on that road. I only hate that some people have to end in such pain. It's horrible. So very unfair.
*****************

A good thing that has happened is there will not be drilling in Alaska. A vain (and cowardly) attempt at passing this bill attached with sending aid to our troops was voted down today. I wonder if there is some good looking down from somewhere directing people to make ethical and wise choices. I just wonder...
******************

Been sweeping and cleaning...I do that when I'm upset. I guess I was really okay for a long time because the house is a mess. Cleaning like there is no tomorrow and finding energy to do things I wouldn't normally think about too much...like reducing that laundry pile, cleaning the bathroom and organizing the cupboards. Strange...

Time

I think I've started to really account for my time. I hope I make the best of it. I do. I hope I can do a few worthy things, they don't have to be big, just enough to make this world a bit better.
There was a time when I was younger and I worried that I wouldn't have time to write some books ( I was very much into writing short stories) and finish my great master pieces or become some great leader (I was rather ambitious!). And I still think about that but in smaller terms. One things I've started realizing is I don't need certain distractions in my life. It's hard to do this but you have push away the stuff in your life that's not essential. For me, that means getting rid of some unwanted/used things that I've held on for too long.

I guess I'm starting to think about this new year approaching. What blessings will we be able to find if we get rid of the unwanted things? What differences can we make in peoples lives that will enrich them? It doesn't have to be big. Small things do matter...I believe it was Le Corbusier who said "God is in the details". I believe Good is in the details too.



Peace to all.

Comments

Unknown said…
I love the simple shapes and color! Do more.
Rhiannon said…
I really like the way you think Emily! We have a lot in common it seems. I hope to see you in the blog world when I come back right after New Years!

Hoping for more Love and Peace for this world in the New Year..happy Holidays!..:-)

With Angel Blessings,
Rhiannon

Popular Posts