Illustration Friday: Night

I love this topic as I have been thinking about these mythical night creatures or I should say, bringers of night. They are, of course, the Horses of dusk which legend says roamed the earth constantly, bringing on their hooves the approaching night. Their hooves are light and as they gallop across the continents one can see a purple haze left by their trails across the sky. Sometimes, there may be a bit of rose, other times green and blue across the horizon. They say, the stars are released on clear nights. And if there are clouds, the Horses hoof prints can be seen as the moon peers through...but only for a moment. And so, I present "The Horses of Dusk"...

Comments

valerie walsh said…
Love the story and the illo, it's like waterecolour hieroglyphs!
happyd said…
great colours!
completely beautiful, fabulous colours and i like the simplistic (not simple) style of a few key lines with splahes of colour.

it'll be my desktop for a while if you don't mind! :)
Todd DeWolf said…
Very beautiful and soft. Love it. Great story too!
carla said…
Wonderful...like cave drawings, but with such girgeous colors! They seem so frolicksome in their motion across the sky.
Emily said…
Thank you, Valgalart, happy d and catnapping!
Emily said…
And thank you, Chris! I've never had my art as desktop wallpaper...fantastic and very flattering! : )

Holly, glad you liked the story too. The horses of dusk great us ever day, if we look for them.

And thank you, Carla! I'm glad you like my illo. Also, love hearing your interpretations as well as others. : )
Jaimie said…
Lovely colors. Frolicking blue bears, so cheerful!
Emily said…
Thank you, Jamie...though they're meant to be horses not bears. My husband made the same comment though, so your not the only one. Lol : )
Anonymous said…
Very nice. I love the shapes of the horses.
manomecchi said…
WAooo!Beautiful colours!
isay said…
wonderful story and great color rendering!
flossy-p said…
Oh this is lovely! Those sweet chubby horses remind me of glyphs of some sort found in ancient cave paintings.
Grangry said…
Lovely atmospheric piece of work!

Popular Posts