Am I getting sick?!

Dang! I think I am. I feel hot, tired, irritated, swollen ear/eye, and just plain lousy. I DON'T WANT TO BE SICK. Okay, for that matter, nobody wants to be sick. And yet...

Well, I've got some new additions to the house of Gottshall. Four to be exact. Are you ready? We have four little rats who are named (unless there are changes) Abbey, Jane, Daisy and Fergie. I'm hesitant on the name Daisy. Originally her name was Emily. And though I feel honored by sharing my name with Ms. Rat, I feel it's good to try a different name. I actually, as a young girl, once named a pet pigeon of mine, Emily. I just thought my name was the best plus, being 10 helps too.

So we now have four little rats and my girls LOVE them. They want to feed them constantly, see them, play with them and are just totally enamored. Plus, rats do not shed (or it's very small amounts), are a little like big sized hamsters and baby opossums and really are smart. I like that they are sure footed and clever.

We're going to build them a maze to play in. I think we'll all like it.

Two of my cats have found the cage and have stared intensely at it. But no harm or damage is happening, thankfully. The older cats are probably the ones to worry about, sort of. They were the definite hunters in the pack in their day. I have countless stories of various critters they'd bring back to me...apparently they thought I was their baby, or something. Kind of cute, actually.

Let me tell you, a small animal in a double cage is lots of interest for the girls. They love it and as Jon said, "It's better than TV!" And it really is.

Plus, I'm having all sorts of inspiration as an artist. It's funny how having live animals can create new interactions between objects and seeing their shapes in those relations is fascinating.

Comments

Popular Posts