Things I've been up too...

Phew. I'm at the point where I'm like, boy it would be nice to sleep and just not do anything for a few days...well, actually I was like that on Monday. Sunday I volunteered for Habitat for Humanity at the annual Keystone Fair with my hubby. We had to sell meat to the public...actually, it was "pulled" pork and brisket (shredded beef/pork). It smelled good at first but by the time we left ( about three hours later), I was fine with not eating a sandwich. Just call me picky. Plus, I'm trying to limit the amount of beef (if any) and pork I eat.

That was Sunday and my kind and sweet sis-in-law watched the kids. The girls were pooped by the time we came over and fell a sleep in the car. The stayed a sleep until 5 am the next day...Monday. That means I was up at 5 am...I had several piano lessons to give...and had to clean house (which is the worst thing in the world for me. I hate it with a passion. But all went well. I hope I didn't sound too zombie like.

Anyway, I felt sluggish and tired and for the second lesson (at these kids home...thank the stars, they live near by!) I had to drive up there. It's one of the prettiest drives I've been on! The house is up high on a hill and looks so country-ish and lovely and the house is so beautiful! But I felt tired and then I came home and the girls had slept the whole time while auntie had again agreed to help me with watching the kids. I gave her a painting of Kiwi (my cat) to seal the deal. It worked, thankfully. Plus, I made a turkey. Don't ask me why...I was probably deranged from lack of sleep. The turkey came out wonderful and all I did was sprinkle rosemary, mrs. dash and salt on it. Who knew!

Then, Tuesday was let the house be messy for a bit and get errands done. Let me just say, I'm tired again. It's mostly because I keep rearranging the place and am trying to figure out how to make the dining room look presentable, cleanable and livable all in one. It's a hard balance...very hard when you have two little gremlins running around determined to throw jars of glitter all over the floor, open all the markers and let them dry out and scribble on every surface imaginable. I have fantasies of getting a little shop/gallery downtown and starting my workshop. I think it would be a success, actually.

The real problem is my in-laws took off for nine days. They went to Michigan on a tour of Lighthouses... I'm sure this is something good and all. Let's just say I feel like I'm running at both ends. I do have a few tricks up my sleeve...I've got some help on the horizon for the future. So, this keeps me sane.

I do want a maid. I really do. Or at least a cleaning woman to come once a week and do the awful basics...including dish washing. It's only a fantasy right now.

Well, my three and half year old is wailing in my semi-deaf ear demanding to paint...she's grumpy. Tomorrow, tomorrow is another day (thank God).

Good things...rearranged some of the dining room and have a little table for little people to work at. The house looks 75% better and we found most of the cat hair balls.

I can't believe all I did today. I gave Mr. Nelson a much needed bath, went to Target and got some supplies and house stuff (with both girls...they were at their best for once) and drove home and cleaned, cared for the kids, and did other stuff but I already forgot what it is. Oh, well.

Jon wants to mentioned on my blog...he helped moved tons of furniture, rubbed my back, is finishing up the dishes, carried up the computers to the third floor (aka studio) and is tired too. Poor dear.

Anyway, that's my last few days. Well, gotta close this off. Some day, I'll be able to look back on this and think what a great job we did. : )

Comments

Popular Posts