Interesting...

Thanks to http://crazyforfiber.typepad.com/weblog/ for sharing this: Rosie O'Donnell's blog She has terrific quotes from Republicans as to why we should not go to war when Clinton sent troops to Bosnia. Very ironic to say the least.

As a pacifist, I'm against war. I don't think it's an answer to problems causes more problems, pain and death. I did not support Clinton when he did allowed this (and with more reason). And I especially don't support Bush's war because there was absolutely no reason to even start a war. What would have happened if Sean Hannity had said this during Bush's push to war...

“Explain to the mothers and fathers of American servicemen that may come home in body bags why their son or daughter have to give up their life?”–Sean Hannity, Fox News, 4/6/99

Or if Tom Delay had said this, “You can support the troops but not the president.”–Rep Tom Delay (R-TX) at this point of time.

What I would like to see is a return to balance. Checks and balances. We don't have that now. We have a gung ho approach and that is NOT working. Life is not a black and white cowboy movie...we are all way too complex.

I'm sorry for the rant...I was just reminded how important it is to say what you believe, regardless if it brings on criticism; a hard thing to do in this day and age.

Comments

Popular Posts