After the rain, the sun comes...

Oh, what an absolutely beautiful day it is! The type of day where the sky is beyond blue and everything is clean, fresh and smells so good. We had a lot of rain yesterday and we needed it. Today was perfect. No humidity, just the right amount of warmth and just so sprarkly clean. Love it! I hope others have been having this great weather.

I want to post a bunch of pictures but I can't because of the digital camera problem. It stinks. Basically, the floppie disk drive is busted. So, I might have to take out some oldies and post them like redcurrent has done on occassion. That might be fun, actually.

I am sad to say the local co-op is being dismantled. The leader is overwhelmed and noone seems to have the time to help out. That's too bad, really. Fortunately, I'll be able to still get farm fresh goodies (hopefully for awhile). I got a box full yesterday with corn, beets, beans, peaches, and then some. I love it. I really do.

In other news, my brother is drawing swords with me on my beliefs. Apparently, my mom has issue with me being Unitarian (sorry, mom for telling everyone!). I think it's interesting that they take such an issue in my personal life. I just hope they are happy and make the best decisions for them selves. Can you tell I don't want to get in an argument? lol

Anyway, besides all of that I have started ART CLASSES! Yes, I am officially teaching art in my home and will be starting that in September. So, far there is one official group of kids and then I have some individual tutoring. I think I am going to love this. Plus, I have an interview on Tuesday for a library job. It's only on the Saturdays. Goodness, that's about all I could do right now! Of course, I could do evenings too. There's a PSU job I'd like to apply for. I have a long standing application out for another PSU job for designing exhibits. I won't be discouraged.

Anyway, I'm really excited about the Art classes. I have lots of ideas and am really happy to do this. It uses something I am very good at with helping others. : )

I also found out my thyroid is border line underactive...whatever that means. Does that mean this is why I don't have lots of energy sometimes? I wonder. I just thought it was depression or my weight. We will see. This means I have to have more blood drawn. Lovely. I HATE SHOTS. Just so you know. I hate them. I am 6 feet tall, chubby (okay rather chubby) and I faint and it could be fatal for me or some small person near me should I topple over. This is not a good thing. Fortunately, I have warned the nurses and they are very much ready to oblige me with lying down.

Other things that are going on, Norrie is starting to understand the concept of "Naughty Corner". I ask her, when she is doing something like pulling Lydia's hair, do you want to go to the naughty corner? And she actually started to recall the last time. I do the naughty corner as often as I can. It helps me too...I have to count to 60 (one time for every year) and I end up calming down. No more hand swats. Plus, hand swats never worked; she just smiled and blinked. I feel good about naughty corner.

I've been painting up a storm again. I have quite a bit of work to put up and I think it's working out well. I need to talk to some local galleries and put my work up. I feel good about it.

I'm working on the Unitarian posters for our group. I'm also doing the flyers...it's fun stuff.

Had a huge bill from the plumber...it was worth it considering water exploding from the ceiling. Very scary.

I feel a bit let down from all the excitement of the last month. I wonder if I can get my bestfriend, Caroline, to visit next. : ) That would be a blast.

Been reading lots of books as summer will do that to you. What am I talking about ? I read constantly all year! Here is what I've been reading: Last of the Just by Andre Schwarz-Bart, Every Living Thing by James Herriot, Barchester Towers by Anthony Trollope and lots and lots of animal and childrens books. Yes, it's quite a variety...mostly male authors. Hmmm, I'll have to remedy this...my mom sent me some
Maeve Binchy so, I'll start on that once I finish a few of these. Let me just say, Last of the Just is very painful to read. The writing is so clear and sharp...I read it even though I know it's going to break my heart.

Well, I'll see what I have in the way of pictures of bygone days. Sometimes pictures can be a blessing and a curse...

Namaste

Comments

Popular Posts