I'm embarrassed...

I didn't realize a contest was over on someone else's blog (My Little Mochi) and I put my bid on her flea market final amount (and of course, I would have been the closet one) . But I feel so dorky for not looking at the post date, etc, etc. Oh, well... I'm laughing too.

Now, I forgot what I was going to post about...so I'll just write a little about my pattern hunt. I'm looking for a rag doll pattern. Why? Well, when my parents lost their home and almost all their stuff (they got to salvage their things from the trash...horrible, long story) my mom lost ALL of her craft things...like patterns, notions, books, etc. She admits to having way too much but her things were painfully ripped from her in a way that was not good. I mean she lost quilts that were passed down from generations, so much furniture, etc. It's hard for me to even write this, actually. I've already deleted lots of posts/writings I was going to share before but I'm going to go ahead and post this one anyway...kind of therapeutic actually. Plus, I'm a firm believer that if you write it out, you'll feel better (and it's nice to have spell check too. Unlike a hand written journal...which I still write in as well). My other feelings on this is my parents are here and safe, unlike a lot of people, we are actually fortunate in this.
********


Back to patterns...she has this one doll that she loves and the pattern, of course, is gone. She's probably going to kill me if she reads this (sorry, mom! Thankfully you're in CA and I'm in PA). I'm looking for this doll's pattern:

(My mom made this doll for me about 15+ years ago. The outfit is a new one she made me a few years back.)

As for the pattern:
I'd like to either A. Buy the doll pattern, B. Make a copy of it or C. Trade for the pattern. If anyone out there has a copy of this dolls pattern, let me know. I know it's a long shot. I've recently been trying out eBay but I ended up getting doll patterns that have nothing to do with this doll in the hopes it will be similar and I don't want to start a collection that badly! Though, the Holly Hobbie pattern is really cute! I'll post that once I get it made...might be awhile.

Looking for this doll!

Well, I got the last bit of the wallpaper off the top part of the hall and the hallway feels so much better! Now, we're having a wallpaper party to remove the bottom half! I'm feeling really excited to start painting!

Also, here is a children's rocking couch I reupholstered. I really love the fabric too! The arms are floral and the backing is little bo peep...very darling.
It still needs a little something on the arms to hide the staples. I think I'll cover some mesh canvas with some quilt lining and cover this with fabric and then staple it on the sides. Then I'll hot glue ribbon over the staples and trim the rest of the chair. I think it will look very sweet and very pink girly.

Today is the annual Summer Picnic at a family friends. I'm going to make this dish called "Poor Man's Ice Cream". I've tasted variations of this. I got the recipe from Alta West. She was our adopted grandmother and had so many wonderful stories. Being Seventh Day Adventist, she was the first person I knew who didn't eat meat. She had some great recipes for mock burgers (I know it called for oatmeal and soy sauce among other things). Anyway, to make Poor Man's Ice Cream this is what you'll need:

Powdered jello (strawberry)
Cottage Cheese
Canned Cocktail fruit (drained)
Cool Whip

Large bowl or food container w/lid
Big spoon

Mix all the ingredients. Chill for about 20 minutes (if you can wait). Enjoy! This is super easy and really, really good. Have a good 4th!

Comments

Emily said…
Thanks, Jenn! I very much appreciate this. My parents are going through a lot of emotions...if you pray, keep them in your prayers. :)
kath red said…
hi you could check out the doll pattern over at martha stewarts website.

i know this is not the same but aktraditions.com.au have some wonderful doll patterns too.

cheers
kathreen
~Vicki said…
I think this is was a "Little Orphan Annie" doll. Try doing a search for that and see what you come up with on ebay or the net. Good Luck finding her!

Popular Posts