Illustration Friday... Among other things

Well, I didn't think I was going to be able to put an Illustration Friday submission up. I'm not feeling 100% because of my allergies (the hydrangea are in full bloom...And so is my sinus pressure) and because I was depressed about waking up to so much pain in the world. It angers me and saddens me that we have to live in fear because of choices beyond our control are thrust upon us. I'm thinking of course about London. I pray that the people are all right and I pray we learn from this, unlike the actions which have lead us to this very day. Thoughts of safety float in my head and anger. This doesn't have to be. It doesn't but it does. Why? Because the deaths of the innocent remain unpunished. There is too much blood on our hands to wash away. As Shakespeare's Lady Macbeth once said, "Out, out damn spots..." our spots and stains don't wash away with forgetfulness or soap and water. But until there is actual justice and a trial this will continue, I'm afraid.

***********************

My illustration for IF:


I didn't know what I wanted to paint for the word of the week, "Sport". At first, I thought it was an annoying word as sporty things started to pop into my head. Then I started to think about how sport is linked to the Olympics. I remembered seeing a photo of Cheryl Haworth a few years back. And I was thinking what happened to her. So, I looked her up and she won a bronze and became the strongest woman in the US at 15 years old. I immediately was taken back not just by her age but by her presence. She is not a svelte, narrow woman. She is titanic, strong and beautiful. I wish I had people to encourage me at such an age. And she is such an encouragement to everyone. We forget that size comes in all strengths and shapes.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i like it, and..come on, =) life its no so easy but has cool things, wind for example¨*-* jee

Bana
http://larvayyo.blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
i like this. very cool.

erika
http://www.five3.com
Emily said…
You're right, of course, Bana. There are lots of cool, good things as well. :)

Thanks, Erika!
Anonymous said…
Love size comes in all strengths and shapes; strengths and shapes come in all sizes :) Nice image and enjoyed your story :)

Popular Posts