Yarn pics...finally up

I don't know if I ever mentioned it but I do crocheting and yarn work. Actually, I've only made 1 thing out of yarn...a beautiful yellow scarf. I'm very happy with the outcome even if the middle is a bit narrower than the rest of the scarf (I'll probably regret this in the winter). But right now, I'm so proud of my first knit scarf.



For my scarf, I used two types of yarn. One was a yellow mixed with some turquoise and various shades of pink. And the other was a beautiful red/rust pink. Both are acrylic yarns...but very soft and delightful. I can't afford wools and such. I also seem to have bad luck with wool (I've shrunk so many blankets, shawls because I forgot they were wool...very disappointing).

I also did this baby blanket for my new niece, Allison. I like the way it photographed...




Well, it's another wet day. We needed the rain...I just wish I had planted this weekend too. But at least we were out enjoying the warm weather. Living back East, you have a totally new appreciation for books, getting outside projects done in record time, and the weather. I'm actually wishing there was a thunder storm. I've been reading
  • Wendy Edelson's blog and am amazed at all the hardships and beauty she deals with. I love her work and I she can come back to the US soon. I think she should write a book, actually. Her writing is quite excellent and she's the reason I'm excited about thunder storms.
  • Comments

    Popular Posts