Mr. Nelson and cats...

I haven't written about Mr. Nelson in a while. So I thought I'd type out a few Mr. Nelson points of interest. Lately, he's been getting a bit shaggy and ragged. Time to visit the dog groomers. It's gotten to the point where I can scoop up his hair and shape it like a mohawk, twirl it into a troll doll twist, and part it in the middle (and if I dared) and put bows in it. I like the idea of a mohawk, actually. I've heard of the famous Lynda Barry "Poodle with a mohawk". Perhaps, it is time for Bichon with a mohawk. Mr. Nelson is growling from his chair (actually, he hears some noises outside). Don't worry Mr. Nelson, you are safe...for now.

This entry is also entitled cats. I have not mentioned them as often as I would like. I have four cats. When we first got Mr. Nelson, something like four months ago, all the cats hid in the basement. It was as if I had not cats at all. Then with some coaxing (all right a lot of coaxing, hissing, fights, etc) I was able to see two of the cats (the younger, more adaptable cats, I'm afraid) come out of hiding. This lead to having to make pit stops (litter boxes upstairs as well as food and drink) and now all four cats are upstairs cats. I see them, a lot. It makes for interesting surprises, to say the least. Such as everyone wants to sleep on your bed at the same time. Thus, pinning the occupant, me, down. Four grown cats can pin an adult human down...especially when said human is under several covers trying to stay warm. Though it is nice because they feel like moving heat pads. It's mutual, I'm sure.

The following has nothing to do with my cats or dog and is primarily about local events that happened in recent days. Starting with Sunday, we finally made it to the circus. I wanted to go last year but kind of forgot to. Then I almost forgot this year, until my sis-in-law kindly asked if we went yet. So, we made it to the next to last show. It was pretty good. We got to see all sorts of acts which included pig performances, acrobats, tigers, child horse rider, and of course the elephants (our main purpose of going). It wasn't too bad. It was at the Jaffa Mosque that the Shriners let out to earn money for charities. The seats are all wooden and being a larger person, this is quite uncomfortable...let alone your knees hitting the seat infront of you. But all in all it wasn't too bad.

Monday was the last day of the book sale at the library. So, I trotted over there (once everyone was ready for a nap and dad could watch over everything) and got a pile of books for $4. Found a Rummer Godden book and several Munroe Leaf books. I also got as many 1970's style illustrated books. Very cool.

Then I took Mr. Nelson for a long walk which he wasn't expecting. We went over to the small neighborhood grocery. It's not too bad, actually. I got a milk shake, thus spoiling my attempts of walking off some calories. :) But, you have to support the small business'. :-)

Well, I'm feeling very Jean Teasdale-ish of the Onion, right now. What an annoying but somehow cute thing to feel.

Comments

Popular Posts