Gingko leaves...

I found some pressed Gingko leaves in the pages of a dictionary. They took me quite by surprise. They slipped passed my hands and onto the table where they lay, yellow and quiet.

I'm feeling reflective today. It's rainy and for a brief down pour, there was hail stones, lightening and thunder.

In the midst of chaos there is peace. Did someone write that besides me?

I made my husband annoyed at me...a bit angry actually as I didn't respond in high enthusiasm when he put up my studio shelves. Poor dear. I have a bit of a headache (allergies...I'm sure) and it's making me a bit peevish.

I think I might need a stronger eye prescription. I'm getting so used to the glasses that my left eye is starting to see a bit blurry (the optometrist gave me a lesser prescription to see how I adjust). Well, I adjusted.

The blossoms are out. All of my tulips have opened and are happily blooming. They are quite stunning...I want to plant some more.

It was Earth Day yesterday and though I didn't plant anything (it was rainy and cold) I did think of what I could do to plant in the future. Gingko trees spring to mind, hence the previous lines. Though apple and peach trees sound good too.

Well, I need to work on a commission (finish that up, actually) and then I have several pieces I want to start. Hopefully, they'll turn out all right.

We're having some adventures for the co-op but it's going to work out, I think. I just hope more people will join and we can really feel the decrease in price.

I keep thinking of a certain dog at a certain pound. hmmm

Comments

Anonymous said…
hello emily!
i got here through your online art gallery. i am very impressed with your work and now thinking of commisioning you to do a portrait of me,my hubby and our dear ferret. i dont know how much it would cost (im hoping it is not sooo expensive, for i dont have lots of money ;)) please email me a quotation, and ill get back to you as soon as i receive your email. thank you very much!
anna31fog@hotmail.com

Popular Posts