Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I have been debating whether or not to do some radical action. It involves Mr. Nelson and green tempera paint. However, I don't want to stain his lovely white hair permanently with green. That would be awful. So, I think I'll have to stick with this illustration instead. :)



The sad thing is if I did this, he would think I was being affectionate. I shall resist putting green on my dog...maybe a green collar.

In other news, there has been a new discovery of the link between autism and coal burning power plants that emit mercury into our
  • air.
    This is quite interesting and obvious, really. If you put chemicals into the air heavy in pollutants of course there are going to be effects to our health and wildlife. The fish have been poisoned with man-made mercury and now unborn children are being sickened before they are even born. Ridiculous. According to the article, Bush's team wants coal burning plants to cut emissions by 50%. Why not cut it totally? If it's hurting people, esp. children and babies, why are we allowing some pollutants? This is quite ridiculous when you think about it. It's like saying to a smoking adult with children, you can smoke in the car only if you hold your cigarette outside the window. I've seen this many times, and I always feel so sorry for the kids in that car (let alone people who drive next to this car with their windows down).

    Of course, a class action suit against companies like these big polluters would be the right course of action. However, Bush just passed a law banning "frivolous lawsuits" such as these. Hmmm, I wonder if there a reason why these companies get such gold card status. Maybe it's because they gave so much money to Bush's campaign? Of course, we already knew that. Shucks, it's not calculus or anything.

    If it were me, if I had a child with autism, I'd be so mad right now. I'd be absolutely sick to my stomach made. It makes me angry even thinking about parents who have to see their child be ill because of some company putting junk in the air. This is so wrong and the companies only get a pat on the hand from Bush. Shouldn't there be massive fines or something?

    Still, here we are with children with autism because we allowed companies like this to continue to pollute our air. Now, the Alaskan Animal Refuge is under attack (we just allowed drilling for oil). Maybe we should stop this and focus on energy efficient cars, natural power solutions like solar, wind, etc. And people don't tell me wind power is going to hurt the birds. Because it was tested and it didn't hurt a single bird. What it did effect were bats. Apparently, they couldn't detect the wind turbans blades. However, this can be corrected with sonar. What's even worse for bats is coal mining. The blowing up of countless caves and land were bats exist.

    If we took that power focused on coal and applied it to clean energy, can you imagine the possibilities? Not only would we be creating new jobs in areas where it's depleting, we'd be making our environment cleaner, become leaders of a new era and by God stop autism and various other illnesses caused by pollutants. Is this far fetched? Heck no! There was a time when acid rain was a big thing and people changed their ways and it was lowered and is gone in most places. However, these things do still exist. We need to solve them and quick.
  • Comments

    Popular Posts