Illustration Friday

As many have confessed, this too was a previous work I did...a couple of years ago...all right something close to 5 years ago. But I'm having serious ear aches/migraines so I feel a bit tired in the sense of doing any other artwork then the book I'm working on. I want to finish it by this weekend and have a committee of people (my in-laws, mainly) review it. :-)

The word of the week is "Flight" from

  • Illustration Friday



    Titled "Twisting Woman"

    I did this for a class project. It was my least favorite sketch but my professor saw the potential and had me do my final painting with this. I like it so much now that I may have to do some more paintings in this manner. This one was about my reflections on being in school, my future (would I get married, etc), staying grounded or flying away or finding a balance.

    The painting itself, is acrylic and is about 18 by 9 inches. I work a lot faster now...at the time this took me about 3-4 weeks!
  • Comments

    Unknown said…
    It is very meaningful.. I like it.. and I hope you`ll feel better soon and go back to work again ..Get well!
    Anonymous said…
    that's very beautiful. i think i'm in love with it.
    Emily said…
    Thank you for your comments! I feel a bit better and I think I just need to see a doctor soon about my ear.

    Thank you, Candice! :-)

    Popular Posts