Illustration Monday night!

Okay, I know it's totally early...I just have been doing little bits of artwork, stuff for myself, and this seems to fit the word of the week, "Friendship".

Titled "Hide and Seek This is actually rather small (4 by 5, I think) as I do most of my work on a smaller scale. I usually do bigger pieces with acrylic and mixed media but small pieces I'll work with watercolors or Chinese ink. I also completed my softie for loobylu in the previous post (see below). Tell me what you think! :-)

In other daily reflections, it was a magnificent day. I mean just wonderfully beautiful and sunny. I felt so happy to be driving around with the girls and later playing in the snow for a bit. It was so nice I didn't feel too cold standing outside without my big winter coat on and sandles (with socks). But around 5:30pm, I was sitting at the computer and I could feel the cold crawling on the floor. Has anyone felt that too? Oh, but it's a achy feeling! Thank goodness I can remember the sun warming on the white snow and making everything seem to pop out at you with the clear blue sky. Oh, that's a nice memory! Hope tomorrow is a little like that, again.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ohhh, i've fallen in love with this illustration. It has such a wonderful quality about it that takes me back to my childhood. Beautiful!

Monica
www.green-peas.com
Anonymous said…
I really like the way you've handled the subject. It feels so pure and beautiful. I really like her shoes, too. :)

-penelope
Anonymous said…
this is absolutely darling, and i'm liking early posters...i actually might have time to check them all out this way! (and i would hate to miss out on any fab illos)
Joe said…
Wonderful, I knew the it was hide and seak right away!
Emily said…
Thanks for the comments, Monica!
Emily said…
Thanks, Penelope!
When I first drew this, I kept thinking about a tree and then it just fell into place. :-)
E
Emily said…
Thanks, Joe and Anonymous!
This is the first time I've got my illustration up so early. It's funny, because I did this one last week and it was just a matter of scanning it to put it up.

I'm glad you could tell what the illustration is trying to convey, Joe. My daughters are at the age of learning about hide and seek and it's brought all sorts of memories of my own childhood back...mostly good!
Anonymous said…
This is so cute! I love her cheeks and dress.

~Heatherica
slow poke kate said…
This is wonderful! As a school teacher, I adore child-like art. The colours are cheerful as well. Something much needed as the London weather is getting to me today!

Thanks!
Island Girl
Stacy A. Gray said…
Very very sweet! I love her expression-so coy.
Anonymous said…
This is so charming. This brought back such great memories...

violetismycolor
http://valentinois.typepad.com
Emily said…
Thanks for the comments, everyone! It really made my week. :-)

Popular Posts