On communicating

communicate

I recently had a situation where I was dealing with my kids. We got our wires crossed and basically, one person thought something and the other person(s) by not saying anything at all, gave the impression of agreeing. So, what happened is people got upset and confused. Communicating is very important esp. when one person keeps asking (as in 2-3 times) and nobody responds. Then, when the action is done, the other party feigns insult and hurt because they didn't do anything (quite literally)or say anything. lol Kids! This is why they got gray leggings for school instead of the sparkly ones. I asked, they didn't say anything...
Drawing
Unfortunately, this is also the same with adults...and comes down to the persons not having developed in their ability to relate to people. I honestly think it's some sort of adolescent behavior that worked for them when they were in their teens and it carries on through the rest of their adult life. Sure does make it hard to work/relate/be friends with this attitude. Besides being obviously unprofessional. sigh.

It also makes me think of one of my favorite writers, Dale Carnegie. What advice would he offer?

"When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but with creatures bristling with prejudice and motivated by pride and vanity."
— Dale Carnegie

So very true. But it also makes me be more picky with the people I hang out with/relate to. I would rather be with people who are aware of themselves (and all their hang ups) instead of the opposite. It's much nicer to be around kind/gentle people then one's who are going to find flaws all the time. I'm not saying I'll avoid people, but I won't just take negative things people say to heart...(thinking of some of my relatives). I swear some of Carnegie's words seem to come out of a Jane Austen novel. lol

Jane Austen : Pride and Prejudice

Anyway, just my two cents. Glad to get it off my chest and not have to worry about it. I guess most relationships have this aspect of communicating...or miscommunication. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts