poem...

Snow on the Mountain…

-I have snow on the mountain, I believe.

I read this from a freecycle internet group I’m part of…
I thought they literally meant, snow on the mountain and was immediately confused and amused.
And thoughts of Big Bear and California Winters flew through my head at an alarming rate and these memories, memories of driving up the mountain to just catch a glimpse of snow.

-it's a ground cover, variegated,

I realized then it was a plant. A plant called Snow on the Mountain…how poetic I thought and slightly disappointing. What was I thinking? Snow in early September in Pennsylvania? WHAT WAS I THINKING? I laughed out loud…



-That I'm offering, in the Ebensburg area.

I might respond to the snow on the mountain or maybe I’ll let it pass me by, look it up on google for some pictures and remember the snow on the mountains of Big Bear and laugh at our driving up the mountain in our old VW and our silly youthful grins and listening to mom and dad worry about driving off the mountain in the fog. I’ll remember this come Winter when all I will have to do to reach the snow is open our front door and curse or bless the cold air…

Comments

Popular Posts