All this blogging and they do not listen

I know I'm stressed and emotional and just sad. I have things to do...donate and help send aid. I'm happy in that I can do a little.

But I feel sad. I feel so badly for everyone that lost life in the last few days. I'm talking about the Iraqi tragedy as well...800 people. It's a strange world we're in.

I hope they can get all the people out of the flooded areas and start with the clean up. I wish there was a way to ease people a bit but how? Lots of old feelings are resurfacing for me...about my family loosing their home and belongings and all the injustice of it all.

And I feel rage that not enough was done to protect people. I know there wasn't enough done. I keep thinking why didn't our government send the Navy immediately? There was four days of warning about Katrina and only "you must flee". It's not like we don't have the means. My God! This is America...or at least it was.

Who is responsible for this? Who? We had orange and yellow and maroon alerts for the last couple of years but NO ONE in power heeded the warnings of a natural unnatural disaster in the makings. This is the second time they didn't listen...or maybe they haven't been listening the whole time...that's what I'm beginning to think.

They didn't listen to the people when we cried not to invade Iraq...they didn't listen to the Inspectors when they said there are no WMD's. They didn't listen to the scientists who said global warming is escalating and will produce storms we have never seen before. They didn't listen to the voice of warning before September 11th. They fired the woman who criticized the no bid contract for Halliburton.

And this is just the little I know off the top of my head...I know there is a whole lot more out there that I'm forgetting. They want to drill in Alaska for oil... not listening to the people who say let's reduce. Let's find other ways for oil.

I hope we can learn a little from all of this...and hold people accountable for their actions or inactions.

Comments

Popular Posts